Monday 12 January 2009

Variance / Bad Beat

Well the bank rolls has taken a hefty bashing over the weekend, it seemed no matter what I played I got beat. Even when I hit well I was outdraw by players willing to gamble no matter the odds. Lost four hands all-in when I was ahead twice being out draw on the river.

I had a straight 910JQK (I had the KQ) my opponent went all-in when the 9 hit giving him 2 pair on the turn and me a straight I called and he hits a full house on the river bang!
Then I lost A high flush the same way except I pushed all-in on the turn, he called and hit the full house on the rivers.

Third loss player in early position raised 6 x BB and I have pocket aces so I raise to $1.20
he goes all-in I call 93 suited - super - until he hits a 9 and a 3 to beat me - fuck.

3 hands where my opponents where 10-1 to hit and I get busted. I tilted for a while blowing off another $10 - bad boy.

Came away went back next day first hand AK on the button I call a 5 x BB raise flop QK3, opponent bets 1/3 pot and I raised he called turn is a K champion trips K's opponent bets 1/3 pot I raise again and get called river J opponent pushed in his last $1 I call he's chaing his gut shot with 910 off - jesus - I can only lose.

I was happy other than losing $10 on tilt, I had played ok - I got my money in when I was ahead or had called an all-in well ahead - it's just I hate losing to such poor play even though such poor play is almost always profitable. Not used to being outdrawn by 10-1 shots in such quick succession.

I guess this is variance or a bad beat

Bank Roll £299

No comments: