Thursday 8 January 2009

River me this River me that

We all hate getting beat on the river and at times it feels like we're outdraw on every hand or someone gets lucky on the river everytime. I've come to accept this can happen and not to worry to much as long as I played my hand correctly.

Here is an example from a table I was playing on but not this hand

6 handed 5c/10c table I watched a hand today two players 40c bets pre-fop

Player 1 AJ♠ Raiser Player 2 K5Caller
Flop 9J3
Player one bets 90c into a 90c pot and gets calleds
Turn 9 J 3 7
Player one makes another pot size bet and gets called for the $2.70
River 9 J 3 7 K
Player one checked and player 2 bet 50c and was called scooping the pot on the river with KK
Nasty and player one was not a happy bunny.
I feel player one played it well, the winner played it badly! People don't see they played badly when the win. but from my point of view they play that way again and lose more than they ever win.
He called on the flop with one over card 7-1 to hit getting 2-1 money on his bet
He called on the turn with one over card and a flush draw better odds at 3-1 but still 2-1 for his money, he hits the King and pot of $9.10 nice for him.
Now this is the reason I now don't mind losing to this kind of player is because it cost him $4.50 to win the pot and I know if he plays like this against me at the river I'll win 3 times he'll win once that means $13.50 for me and $4.50 for him which I can't complain about.
Lesson is some fool will always outdraw you give them the odds to call and you are to blame, play it right and get unlucky then thats just his 1 shot gone and you have to look onwards to your better win odds. Lets hope everyone I play against is looking for that mircale card on the river.
Bankroll $357

No comments: