Thursday 22 January 2009

Card Dead Last Night

Sat down for an hour, talk about card dead, few hands I picked up didn't hit was down about $5 over the hour.

I switched through a few tables, but seemed everyone just wanted to go all-in pre-flop and many of them with poor hands, and me with hands I wasn't gambling $10 on. I don't play lotto I play poker.

Even the pre-flop raisers were betting 8 to 12 x BB on rubbish hands and I just couldn't pick up something I wanted to run with. One player in particular was over valuing his pocket pairs by a mile. He bet $1.10 (11x BB) on pocket 3s got called by Aces and lost heavily as neither of them hit and I think the 33 guy thought himself ahead.

I tried to steal a few pots pre-flop 5 limpers and I raise to 5 x BB with KJ suited thinking 1 or 2 callers and all 5 call, flop came down 3 clubs, then a 4th and I don't have a club.

I was amazed how many people in a 6 handed table (often 3-4 limpers) would bet 10c and when someone raised to £1 called - what's worth 10c and now worth £1.

I did pick up 10 10 got called by one opponent flop 10 J 3, I checked they went all-in for $4 and I called with trips they had AJ cool. Until turn K and river Q beating me with a straight not cool - river is annoying but runner, runner is worse. What did bug me was people at the table going well played, nice move etc. Was I the only one that thought this donk got really really lucky against me. Nice hand I typed into the chat box but I was thinking lucky fucker.

Bank Roll $335

No comments: