Thursday 15 January 2009

Bang, Bang Bang

After the joy of breaking $400 only sadness followed

3 hands that hurt me bad all on 12c/25c $25 Buy-in

Hand 1
A player who likes to get his chips in raised 6 x bb on the button I have pocket Aces and tripled his raise knowing he'll go all-in and he does. He has A10 off suit and I'm rocking until he hits 4 diamonds to give him an A high flush.

Hand 2
Unknown player board is 5544 I have A5 suited player goes all-in on the turn I doubt he has 44 so expected to see a 5 or a 4 as I call. He has 88 brilliant I'm well ahead until the river drops an 8 and he beats me.

Hand 3

I have pocket 10s boards is 4 5 10 turns comes 9 and I bet the pot my opponent goes all-in and I call I'm expecting to see him flip over a pocket pair above 10s or two pair and he has 78. All-in on a straight draw having been calling my pot raises with a gutshot, needless to say a 6 comes and I'm beat. Yes he double up his outs when the 9 came but with one card left to come I was well ahead.

3 hands I played well and aggresively - If I'd won I was heading towards $500 in the bank, oh poker why do you hate me so.

I went through the hand historys and accept I got unlucky, odd were in my favour and even a 20-1 underdog will win once, just 3 times in an hour is hard to take.

Down $80 or so to $312

No comments: