Wednesday 7 January 2009

Check the flop

It never ceases to amaze me how many people feel their second pair is in front just because I check an Ace on the flop and then they won't give up the hand.

Plays I feel work well for me in 5c/10c
Check ace on the flop, if the flop isn't scary (especially if everyone limped)
Make a pot sized bet if I sense weakness (this 9/10 times enduces a fold)
Bet from the button if everyone checks to you (this 9/10 times enduces a fold)
In position call a bet on the flop, if they check on the turn bet again (this 9/10 times enduces a fold)
Bet a flush draw that completes on the turn if against one opponent this 9/10 times enduces a fold

These plays depend on the cards out and opponents, also if people come back at me who would normally fold then I'm gone, the play is worth the effort but giving it up is a better call than losing cash.

No comments: