Friday 28 November 2008

Does fortune Favour the Bold

Dropped into a table at lunch time with some guys I’ve played with before. They are all super loose and I’ve noted them down on player notes as such. One bets strongly on any pair he hits on the flop be it top, middle or bottom pair. The other over raises pre-flop with crappy hands then tries to bluff it out on the next 2 streets.

10 hands in they are acting as previously noted, they play all-in pair of 7s with a 9 kicker called by a pair of 10s with a 3 kicker with over cards on the board. Patience with these guys always works, wait for a good hand pre-flop and bet hard they always bite. You don’t get to limp in much as they always raise pre-flop regardless of what they have.

So, I wake up with AQ diamonds, raise 50cents, re-raised to $1, another player calls, I call. Flop is 38Q I bet $1 next guy goes all-in followed by the other player. I know there is a very good chance they have nothing as this is how they play – coin flips. I thinking just fold but top pair top kicker with no flush draw or straight draw out – gut shots aside. I’m taking my whole 15 seconds here trip 3s or 8s or 2 pair? I can cover the bets without busting and the odds to call are great so I push. Cards flipped A3 and K10 both unsuited.


Turn and River go my way nice pot swells the bank roll.

Bank roll at $177

No comments: