Thursday 27 November 2008

Trying not to get to confident

I'm averaging $20 profit a session which I'm happy with as I only play for around 60 to 90 minutes in total. This usually consists of one good win $7-10 and picking up smaller pots playing strong hands agressively that usually dont make the river.

Best win called a 40cents bet with 56clubs against one opponent, hadn't been getting much action or cards so took a punt. Flop come 2d 3c 9c leaving me a low flush draw and gut shot draw. Opponents bets another 40cents and I call thinking if he's got AK AQ, trips or perhaps a middle/big pair? If I hit my straight I sure I'll win, if I hit the flush will see how he reacts incase he's holding high clubs.

Turn comes 4 spades and I'm smilling, he bets 80cents and I re-raise and he calls so I'm thinking either still chasing a flush trips or A5 or big pair.

River is Jh he bets $1.20 and I re-raise and he goes all-in for the remainder of his $10 stack
So I check out the board as I'm trying not to instantly call anything under my new regime.
Must be A5 or trips or AJ or big pocket pair either way I'm good and I call.

Flips over A10 of spades - nothing - full on expensive bluff.

Now I have no problem with bluffing and I am now rarely fully bluff unless my experience of my opponents tells me they will fold and I usually put the pressure on before the river cards out just incase they get lucky.

I may semi-bluff to big up my hand but I wont go All-in with ace high against a two time re-raiser agressively returning my bets, who only starts betting after 234 appears and could be well holding A5 if not AA or KK or trips and even if I just has AJ to AK he was beat. So many hands out there could beat A10. So bad play for him great win for me, play on M****9 hope to see you again.

Got on a table where everyone just went all-in when they hit a pair on the flop. Got stung onces for $3plus, returned to my tight play and made a few good wins with trips and top 2 pairs against these players. They never seem to bring more than $3 to the $10 tables and are willing to risk it all on a coin flip.

Lesson of the Day: Coin flip isn't good enough odds for me but I hope my current opponents never learn that lessson.

Bank roll now at $155

No comments: