Monday 1 December 2008

Weekend High and Lows

Didn’t get much time to play over the weekend with only about an hour on Saturday, the same Sunday afternoon and a couple hours late Sunday night.

The Saturday session I was rocking, to be honest I got great hand after great hand with people willing to call me, quad aces raise, then I get re-raised all-in they had Full house and I’m storming. Every straight I hit every flush I hit and soon the bank roll was at $220. I called it quits well smug.

Sunday afternoon I started the same chasing every straight and flush draw but this time never hit a bean. My play was getting looser and looser as I tried to re-coup my loses. Kids started coming in the office asking how I was doing, missed a straight draw 10 to A talking to my youngest as I bet hard on my two pair AQ’s and got busted for my stack. Bank roll took a big dip down to below $180 so I stood up and put the kettle on (well the Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine as I’m a tart).

Sunday calmed and focused I got back on about 7.00pm played till just before 9.00pm, steady and tight, may be over cautious but I was winning. No real stand out hands just $1 and $2 wins with the one $5plus got bank roll back up over $200.

Lessons of the weekend:
Patience is a skill, I have played so many times losing $1 here and there sticking to mostly premium hands, folding the rest taking no gambles. This pretty much always pays off as at some point I’ll flop a monster with plenty of callers and bang one hand I double up.

Reload I always reload back to $10 if I dip below, I thinking if a monsters hand comes I want to have max amount of cash to throw at my opponents.

Kids don’t mix well with poker, send them out to play, to bed or to bother their mother.

Luck isn’t skill, skill isn’t luck – nuff said.

So Sunday night worked out ok, I need to control my game a bit more and not chase hands I’m unlikely to hit.

Me and my lady had some seriously good loving as well – hmmm – result.

Bank Roll $204

No comments: