Monday 24 November 2008

Loosing

The bank roll is down to $75 after some seriously bad play.

Got caught twice slow playing flopped 2 pairs only to have the board pair each time giving my opponent a bigger two pair. On both occasions I couldn’t/wouldn’t fold the hand and lost heavily, again even though I really knew I was beat. Note to self learn how to fold when you know you’re beat, listen to yourself for once. Second note to self if the flop is A 9 8 and you have flopped two pair 98’s try and take down the pot quickly.

Also got beat with top pair top kicker (AJ flopped Js) to a guy slow playing Aces. Problem with this is I’ve won loads of hands against players betting on a pair of aces with a horribly low kicker. As I’ve said before on the $10 buy-in tables there are loads of players who when holding an Ace will hunt down another one or when hitting a pair of Aces will not give them up regardless of the board. Need to re-assess who I’m playing and not assume that I’m just out kicking their J10. Guy in this hand limped in and flat called me all the way as I made increasing bets, I did think he was chasing a flush draw and had missed. Was either great play or poor play I couldn’t tell and as I lost we’ll call it great play rather than me playing bad – agreed?

I lost 2 all-in pots on flush draws, 3 way hands and at the time I felt with two cards to come and potential of Ace high flushes it was worth the gamble. I was last to act in each hand and was getting around 3-1 for my call. Good odds I find only really count if you hit your cards. I guess I’m not to bothered about these two plays as I was pretty confident if I hit I win and the pay off would have been sweet.

I was playing one table during the session and I’m finding that if I play multiple tables my game is much better. I’m not inclined to play hunches or off-suit connectors out of boredom and tend to stick to premium starting hands and the odd suited connectors / small pairs if I’m not getting much in the way of hands.

No comments: