Tuesday 25 November 2008

A little success

After my previous poor showing I decided to listen to my own advice

I played 2 $10 buy-in tables blinds 5/10cents for an hour and did really well.


I decide only to play premium hands stretching to suited connectors / low pairs if the flop was cheap enough. Kept it very tight for 30 minutes and was up $8 between the two tables.

One Great Hand

Got into a hand that made me a good profit having limped with 44, with 2 other opponents, flop comes 234. After experience earlier I’m thinking A5 no pre-flop raise probably not as these boys were raising every Ace from A2 to AK, but 56 to the 2 to 6 straight perhaps. So betting is my questioning friend and I make a giant pot size bet of 35cents and get two callers, bugger. So I’m thinking at worst straight but may be 2 over cards, an over pair or a flush and or straight draw perhaps 2 pair either way I not in bad shape. Turn comes a 2 so I’m sitting with a Full House 444 22 and all of a sudden I’m not worried about a flush or a straight – I’m thinking one of them has quad 2’s. So I lose my bottle and check and a bet comes in of 80c which is called round to me. I re-access and think of how many times I’ve seen quads in 1000’s of hands and think re-raise to £1.60 and they fold or go all-in if one of them has quads. Flat called by both opponents.

Now when I’ve seen quads on a low stakes table, just like pocket aces, people get giddy and throw money at it, so now I’m thinking calm down chances are your ahead. River comes down Q clubs completing anyone’s clubs flush draw which I’m loving if true. The Q doesn’t bother me as anyone with QQ pre-flop is going to be raising to get rid of any rag Aces.

So I decide to get aggressive and bet $5 into the pot standing at towards $6, first opponent calls all in with his remaining $4.90ish, second opponent goes all-in with his $6.55 leaving me $1.50 or so to call which I have to do so now committed.

Cards turned 3 full houses and I WIN! Hurrah Board 2342Q
Opponent 1 23 FH 22233
Opponent 2 33 FH 33322
Me 44 FH 44422

I continued to play tight and called it quits after an hour

Bank roll up $33 to $99

No comments: