Sunday 23 November 2008

Never Fold an Ace

First off the bankroll is nearly at $150 after a profitable sunday night.

Played against a guy who was getting grief from the table for his fishy play.

He got lucky on several occasions, against me refushing to fold an ace and hitting it on the river, playing 55 to the river and again hitting a 5 with four over cards out and strong betting from a player with 2 pair A8's which he'd flopped.

Now the rest of the table are telling this guy how crap he is and I'm thinking why? Why because as soon as you realise he can't let go of hands a bit of patience will see you take his money, this kind of opponent I want, he always calls/bets even if you have a flush, straight or better.

Fair enough you can't bluff him off his hand but if you find yourself against a player that just can't fold don't complain eventual they go bust and hopefully to you. Even with my poor poker skills I feel I have the edge against this numpty and yes he may get luck from time to time but thats worth the eentual profit.

I got half his cash when he played 99 to the river despite 2 over cards one being my wining J.

I noted his profile as loose, calls everything, will hunt down Aces even with low kickers, PLAY.

My best pot of the night ended up all in for around $28 I had KK opponent flips AA - bugger - rivered a K was called a lucky boy, I replied unlucky for KK to meet AA and agreed I was a lucky boy.

No comments: