Wednesday 26 November 2008

Still Staying Tight

Well I’ve been a really good boy for the last few days and I’ve stuck pretty much to my plan of playing premium hands and the odd low pair and suited connectors. I’m forgiving myself the odd wobble and downright gamble as I’m 90% sticking to plan. Still playing 69 though just can’t help it.

Things have gone well, with me managing to double up on quite a few $10 tables. Never fails to amaze me that even if I fold 10 hands in a row and then raise 50cents I can still get 4 callers on a six seat table. I often think what have you got that was worth 10cents a few seconds ago and now 5 times that. Doesn’t matter what I have if an ace hits the flop and I bet out they fold 90% of the time.

One of the best lessons I’ve learned is to leave those rag aces alone. I lost count how many times I’ve won a good pot by beating Ax with a good kicker. I’ve learned the hard way how dominated you can be with an ace and a poor kicker.

My goal is to double up $10 to $20 in an hour – I think that’s a fair return for the time invested.

Best hand of the day
Sat down posted my 10cents blind cards dealt AA – super
Guy to my left raises 60cents next guy calls the bet.
I’m thinking no one is expecting this on my first hand so go All-in with my $9.90 expecting them to fold. Initial raiser calls next guy folds – cards flipped he has KJ hearts.
Hits a king on the flop but I scope the pot.

Did get beat AA against 69spades was only for a $1.50 all-in guy hit a 6 and a 9
Strange hands played 2 tables got K diamonds and 8 spades in each hand at the same time, folded both then flop on each table come 57J not the same suit but still spooky.

Did go QQ against a guy who flipped at the end with QQ - I hate a split pot.

Lesson of the day: Tight is Right

Bank Roll up to $135

No comments: