Friday 31 July 2009

Always loosing Hands


I'm on the button everyone limps and the BB min raises to 12c and everyone calls.
Flop 6 4 5 rainbow BB bets 1/4 of the pot, which I feel is weak, I decided to call with a gutshot and and 2 overs to the flop, the SB also calls, rest of the table folds. When the 7 comes for my straight and making the board super dangerous I'm sure the action is over, the BB bets 1/2 the pot with the flush draw out I decided to take it down and re-raise to $2 which is just over the current pot size as I'm happy I'm in front, SB folds, BB thinks and calls, at this point I'm thinking he has 2 hearts.
When the nine comes unless he has 810 and I don't think he does, nothing changes for me, this is when he goes all-in and for me it's an insta-call and he shows the pockets 9s for his beaten set.
One of the many examples where people get aggressive too late with a good hand but on the river with a 4 card straight out nowhere near the nuts. His final river bet was around $7 do that on the flop and most players are away and you win a small pot instead of getting stacked.
I called the flop, re-raised him on the turn, the last thing he needed to do was all-in on the river, just in case I had the straight, sure he was beating a pair or two pair even but come on how confident can you be it that situation out of position.
This is a classic example of a hand you could be loosing all the way regardless, these are the hands I try and keep the pot small in, if my set is good then super, if its not then I minimise the losses.

No comments: