Friday 20 February 2009

Players who know better

Played a hand against one opponent who seemed to be unable to grasp the point that on the turn of the river card the best hand wins not pre-flop.

Table 5c/10c $10 buy-in

Me in the cut off with AJ suited raised to 40c and button calls - note CALLS - rest folded - I'm out of position but have a strong hand, villian did seem to have an idea how to play so when the flop went AJ6 (two spades) I checked and they made a continutaion bet of 1/2 the pot which I re-raised x3 and they called, turn 2, I bet 2/3 pot they call, river A I bet 1/2 pot get re-raised x 3, I push they call with AK - trip aces to my fullhouse.

I get lambasted by this player for playing a worse starting hand than him, he goes on about me calling with the worst hand etc. I point out he called me, so you go all-in with AJ v my AK he mutters into the chat box, well no not if I knew you have AK pre-flop but yes on the river with the nuts, even maybe on the flop with AJ paired, but you called my raise CALLED, NOT RE-RAISED and from the flop onwards you were behind. The guy then claimed he was slow playing his pair of aces with a King kicker, I laughed no one slow plays a pair of aces, its like a pair is the second worst winning hand above a high card.

Now I thought about the hand I'm in the cut off and raise 4 x BB so as I'm tight my range should be Ax suited, pairs, AK to A10 from that position, my check raise on the flop should say I have better than pair of aces and he had to think I had a pair of aces at least and possibley the Jack as well or even trips.

I thought some more about AK very nice to have but in the end it doesnt beat 22 without help.

Bank Roll $187.22

No comments: