Thursday 5 February 2009

Bad Beat Cash Out Myth

Decided to cash out some of my winnings leaving $300 in the kitty.

Cash out to date a healthy $950.

I've read about the cash out bad beat and to be honest the first time I cashed out I lost most of the $200 I left in, I thought it a bad beat but looking back I was just playing shit.

First hand after cashing out 99 (12c/25c) 3 players in for $1 each flop 3 5 9 top set for me 2 hearts out first to act bets the pot (I'm think big pair frightened of flush draw) next folds I push at this point I've got to be ahead and a pretty good favourite against anyone they call with AA, come one 10-1 in my favour until they hit an Ace on the turn and I lose $21 bang bang! Cash out bad beat here I come.

Was playing at the same time on a 5c/10c table with 10 10 I raised to 30c called by 2 players, flop 1052 two spades I checked player 1 40c bet player 2 40c bet, I raised it to $2. Player 1 all-in player 2 folds, I call he has 52 for two pair and I win his stack of $9. Bad beat myth killed?

Now if the river and turn had been 55 or 22 then I'd have been worried, and this has happened to me with Ahigh flush on the flop v Ax who flop pair of aces last card on the flop 3 turn 3 river 3 and I'm dead to a fullhouse beating my flush. I went from 20-1 fav to a 10-1 fav to a loser in 2 cards.

Bank Roll $313.60

No comments: