Monday 23 February 2009

Betting Draws

I'm finding very few people bet draws on the 5c/10c tables - I bet draws if I'm sitting with AJsuited with 2 matching cards on the flop I'm betting, I find players on draws want free cards and if the do hit the turn they get less action and even less if they hit on the river.

I have found that often if I bet the flop with a draw and hit on the turn and check, people will assume I was betting top pair and was checking scared of the flush/straight, even at this stage if they don't try to represent the flush/straight themselves they are more likely to call or make a bet on the river.

I also find my bet sizes better than most, I rarely bet less than 3/4 to pot size if I'm ahead, plus odd times I get outdrawn players have had to pay without odds to call, so longterm I win more than I loose.

Any how had a good few hours over the weekend, got out full housed on the river once for $10, but overall played well with and without the cards.

Was accused of being on tilt by one opponent after I'd lost the full house hand but betting aggresively pre-flop with KK (he was on the button everyone min bet he put in 45c I went all-in they alll folded) and then hitting trip 9's in the next calls for betting. If thinking I'm tilting gets him to call cool.

Bank Roll $217.21

No comments: