Monday 2 February 2009

The Long Road

Well I've been re-reading my posts and have to say back in November (21st a Friday) I had $26 in my account, to be now sitting with $700 plus is a real good feeling.

I've grinded away mostly at the 5c/10c level and consistanly won money, I haven't cashed out anything, but banking $700 in just over two months can't be bad.

I do feel at the 5c/10c level I can pretty much win something, unless I get a real donkey making a play as this morning busted for my $10. Bet 8 x BB with KK called flop 593 I bet opponent goes all in trips? perhaps, but for $8 I'm calling they had 59 off and went on the hit a 9 for the full house.

At my level even players who two months ago I avoided I now play often and beat, I have gained respect from the regulars and they often fold to my raises. Quite a few times people have told me they think I play well, and a few have commented that I don't often end up down. I have been told I'm over cautious, but that was by gamblers sitting with a 1/3 of my stack so who cares, I play odds in my favour 90% of the time now. If I'm card dead I play a little wider range of hands and if the table is weak I ram and jam the pot, most new players don't like above min raises and get scared.

I keep popping up to 12c/25c and I do ok but find more players pushing with nothing at those tables. I still feel with $700 and a steady win rate grinding away at the 5c/10c tables is worth it for experience. It took 3 months for me to get to grips with the game, understand the odds and gambles, what was worth chasing, what wasn't.

Good things I do that I think gives me an edge over new players
I bet my strong draws
I raise and re-raise
I bet if a round is checked to me on the button
I will fold rag aces to strong pre-flop betting
I make continuation bets on the appropriate flops
I will check the best hand on the flop and bet the turn
I will make a pot sized bet or a bet that does not give you the odds to call
I'm not frightened of 3 suited cards this does not mean the villan has a flush everytime
I will put pressure on you if your'e weak, or a 10c min better
I will bet second top pair and see what happens
I work out my odds of improving against cost of bet
I think about what my opponent has

any more I'll add

No comments: