Monday 1 December 2008

Position and I don't me Doggy Style

Right I understand the theory, I’ve read the articles, I’ve played hands and thought, hmm I wish I was betting last. Position is really important to the game, so why do people just ignore it. Sure at the level I play not many players are folding any kind of ace be it under the gun or on the button to these guys A6 is exciting. Don’t get me started with people playing any suited cards 103 for example. I sometimes get drawn in thinking my A9 could be good cause they raise with an ace anything. It pissed me off when I fold a rag ace only to find it was the best hand. But still I know I’m playing better and that when I go against them with my AK’s they will bet a flop even with A2 or A7 hands.

What position means to me is that if I’m not sure where I’m at in a hand being in position gives me the advantage of seeing how others feel about their cards first, I can fold and get away from a hand if betting is strong and I’m not confident, I can big up a weaker hand if everyone’s checking. It puts the pressure on others to make decisions, especially if they have caught part of a flop and are unsure how they stand. Even I can see a weak feeler bet asking is my second pair good and capitalise on the situation.


No comments: