Monday 27 April 2009

Two great pots

I'm still up and down, most of the time I've lost when I've been ahead when the money went in so I can't complain, well may be a little.

Won to great hands playing 3c/6c $10 buy-in - usually stay away from these as they are super loose and you can get burned by flush chasing junkies, but very profitable if you hit a monster as they all bet regardless of the flop. I've flopped an A high flush here before and been called all the way to show down by a player with top pair.

Me QJ hearts every limps flop Q 3 J with 2 clubs checks round to the short stack who bets the pot and has $2 left so thinking he has a queen to protect and might just call with his remaining cash as they often do I re-raise enough to put him all in, expecting to isolate him.

Player behind me calls as does one of the checkers and my original target, bum, is there trips out there or just some flush chasing junkies. Turn is the perfect card J giving me a full house, I push, one player folds the other goes all-in and we all show down on the river a 7 of clubs.

Wow no body has the flush draw, I was facing Q4 off from the big stack and Q10 off from the small stack, even without the two pair I was ahead on the flop.

Next hand I fold after a re-raise on the flop, one of the players has a dig about my moment of glory passing and I just type better spots to be had.

Next hand I have 88 it everyone limps and I just call and hit trips on a flop of A Q 8, I just check, one player raises it up the pot and the large stack I beat who just re-loaded re-raises, I'm sure he has an A at best, so re-raise him his stack and he calls with A10 so he's wasn't beating a whole lot to commit his stack to he spikes 2 pair on the turn but my trips hold up. He aint happy, and calls me a bitch in the chat box, I type better spots like that one.

Bank Roll: $256.94

No comments: