Monday 20 April 2009

Tight Aggressive Play

Have been playing quite aggressive and so far it's working out. I decided winning is winning and I take less risks calling down people I think are bluffing. Even if slow at 5c/10c stakes I'm happy with $30 profit for a few hours over the weekend.

If face a raise of 40c (4 x BB) and I have good starting hand I re-raised to $1.20 and bet out on the flop.

I've been trying to get my opponents to call with weak ace, small pairs or KQ etc. giving me a good advantage over them, if I stick to AK, AA, KK, QQ etc. against good player and extend my range against poor and loose players.

Surprised how many people just fold to the raise, especially those that always raise from the button, once I bet out on the flop most times this has induced a fold as well.

Means I'm not winning huge pots most of the time but steadily winning, plus after I've showdown a few hands, the better players fold to my raises, so I exploit that for a while raising with suited connectors and mid pairs from positon, until they catch on and then I move tables.

Best hand stacked a player me AK suited they called my re-raise with 89 suited, flop KQ10, they checked and I bet out, thinking back it look like I was betting to protect a pair of kings from a straight draw, when the J hit the turn to give me top straight I was thinking chop pot and when they go all-in I expect as much - but no all-in with bottom 2 cards to a straight - poor play by my opponent and nice win for me.


Bank Roll $249.13

No comments: