Tuesday 21 April 2009

Patience

I played for 30minutes last night ended $20 up for the session after going $8 down, one table 5c/10c played few ordbits identified 3 players who happily called 4 x BB raises with A rag off and called to showdown if the hit the ace. They bet even with strong draws out, 3 suited cards facing aggression, tried to bluff each other.

Got hit twice being called by A3 off v my AK suited he hit 2 pair on the turn card (3), was chased by a guy flush hunting to the river he went all-in on the end I had trip Jacks, I felt he had it as his play from the outset suggested he was drawing to the flush, so I let it go. Few times I lost smaller pots to hands like 37off that connected on the board after players called 4 x BB raises with them.

I played tight, aggressive and patiently, the hands I watched saw people calling down possible flush draws with top pairs etc. and I knew if I hit a monster they would call.

3 way hand I called a 40c raise with AJ diamonds flop comes 3 diamonds Q98, the guy who had raised had called virtually every bet made at him if he connected in anyway and stuck with the hand to showdown even with 2nd or 3rd pair, or drawing hands.

Because these guys seemed to think every bet was a bluff I gambled and entered the pot first with a pot size bet, get called by player 1 and re-raised by player 2, I called, player 1 calls. turn is nothing, I checked now as I'm sure they will see this as weakness and further enhance the belief I'm bluffing, player 1 checks, player 2 bets the pot, I push, player 1 calls, player 2 calls. River is nothing, player K diamonds and a 9 spades, player 2 Q9 clubs, wow $30 pot.

Player 1 could only beat pair 8s or a bluff from 2 opponents and was chasing 4 card flush to K
Player 2 two pair but come on he had to think one of us had a flush and only had 4 outs on the river to win, cheers guys, you are noted for the future.


Bank Roll $270.60

No comments: