Wednesday 13 May 2009

Still Doing Well

Been doing great, not much time to play but overall been exploiting poorer players

Won a good hand against a serial bluffer he'd been caught a few times, but had done well boosting his initial $7 to around $14 I was at $19 on a 3c/6c table.

He'd had people call him down light when he'd had the goods, I was waiting for better than top pair to have a go at him, he raised 8-10 times the big blind each hand, then bet out strong each time.

I was playing most of my pocket pairs against him hoping to hit trips as I was sure he'd fall hard, I got super lucky against him me 99 I called and it flopped 7K9 rainbow he had K Q he checked which considering his previous loose play I thought he mind have a hand, I bet out small and he re-raised me I called turn 9 for quads and mama I'm home, he checked I checked, for the first time obviously a little bit concerned, river a Q for his two pair, at this point I thought he'd fold or bluff, but the two pair was just too much temptation, I bet about 1/3 of the pot and he when all-in, called and the rest of the table congratulated me on playing the hand well and bumping our friend.

Most hands I've been exploiting odd v's opponents who will over value an ace, I'll play any ace at times, but if I get a sniff you've called my AK / AQ with a weak ace and often this is obvious then I'm after you and if you make 2 pair so be it as more often than not you're beat.

People have been calling me down pretty light as well, don't no why but please continue, example me A5 v A3 flop A57 I bet 3/4 of the pot as the 2 diamonds out and the short stack with $3 went all-in, as there was only about 40c in the pot I think he has at best an Ace or a flush draw as he'd want to win more and not scare me away if he had trips or something and I think my bet said I have an Ace, I called he had A3 so he wasnt beating much than A2 or a 7 or a 5 from any caller and considering I raised, bad push.

Bank Roll $291.07

No comments: