Wednesday 27 May 2009

My Guide to: Sit'n'Go Double or Nothing

I play $20 buy-in 8 seat, $10 are available 10 seats but the skill level is the same and for the time it takes to play $20 is much more profitable.

Do nothing and win: This is entirely possible especially in turbo's as people seem intent on knocking each other out, you only need 4 Ax v Ax all-in match ups and you've cashed. I have cashed in DoN playing 2 hands, one of which doubled me up early with AA v 77 after that my goal is to cash and nothing more.

Play premium hands only: AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ, smaller pairs if cheap and be aggressive when you enter the pot.

Use Position: Why limp early only to have to fold to a big raise, if you play premium hands you aint folding and you should be raising and if you want to speculate do it from a postion that costs as little as possible.

Don't get involved with top pair and don't chase without odds: You don't have to gamble unless you're sure, trips or better put up a fight other than that if you get strong resistance, give up and wait for better spots.

Being the big stack/Hero: I have been told I'm a rubbish big stack, as often the big stack will bully other players, then all too often I've seen them double up low stacks calling all-ins with marginal or poor hands when just a few orbits later the rising blind would have seen them away anyhow. You start with $1200 and I've seen players with $3000 plus blow it trying to eliminate other players, taking on players with $2000 chips when there is no needed. Alternatively I will ride the coat tails of an aggressive big stack and let them take the risk, I just play to survive.

4th pays the same as 1st: If you don't need to play don't, very quickly in these DoN you will lose 2 players after that if you can maintain average stack you will be OK. There is not need to win, I see people making risky moves versus similiar sized stacks when there is no need, why try and squeeze with junk when you are comfortable in 2nd place, they get called they get beat and all of a sudden their $2500 in chips is $250.

Tight is right: It will win you money in a DoN.

I still have an 85% win rate at DoN from $10 - $50s, I find then really boring as to win you don't really play much, they are great for rebuilding bank roll after a bad beat. I used this method to build back up from under $40 once, and just over a week ago I dipped to $138 now it's more than double.

No comments: