Tuesday 15 September 2009

Three Figures

For the first time in an age I'm over $100

Been playing quite a lot of 3c/6c, these players aren't overly keen to get there chips in but will call all the way with Q4 if they have top pair, kickers are a second thought.

I raised from the button with KQ, got called by a habitual caller from the BB, he had K7, flop K24, he called me all the way to showdown with his crap kicker.

Same player eventually gave me all his chips me AJ hearts flop 34J two hearts nice for me top pair top kicker and nut flush draw, I pot bet, got called, turn a blank, I 3/4 pot bet got called, river a 7 of hearts, now I figured he was chasing either a lower flush or a straight.

So I bet around 1/3 of the pot as I'm 100% he's got me on a Jack and won't be worried about the flush, I was right he re-raise pretty much all his stack, I pushed and he was committed and called with 56off for a straight loosing to my flush.

I did pretty well versus a player who raised to 30c with any ace and bet it hard, took him down 3 times with AQ or AK versus his A3 A7 A9, watched him he folded to over strong bets but if you check called all the way he'd keep betting his Aces.

I can really see how much I've progressed from my original time at 3c/6c, mainly I raise when most dont, I bet went most dont, got heads up in a limp 3 way flop 98K I had JQ check check river was a 10 and I've won player bets pot on the end I re-raised him 2x and he called he has K10, man cheers for the cash if he bet any earlier I'm gone to the right bet. Same I had 23 hearts in the BB all limped and it checked to turn that came a 2 and the river a 3 for me two pair, I decided to bet it 3/4 pot got called by A9off high card only no pair why call that.

I feel I have a huge edge at 3c/6c, still have to be tight, even when I lay down A9 to a raise and a re-raise and they flip A3 and A5 at the end of the hand both missing the board totally.

I'm not calling with A9 I'm raising with AK v your A9 look out

Bank Roll $102.68

No comments: