Wednesday 18 November 2009

Four!!! Four Four Four


I guess this was a pot that carried some luck, history played it's part.
Player to my left always raises from the BB if limped too, C-bets OOP and Folds to re-raise or goes weak if called. He habitually raises light with unco-ordinated hands Q7off 93off etc or any two suited cards.
Player to right called my preflop raise with 7-3 suited flopped his 7 and although I was very aggressive with my JJ he called me down to river hitting his 3 for 2 pair. I have a not on hm saying he overvalues top pair any kicker.
So limp limp limp I make up blind expecting the raise which I'm calling and floating. It comes 36c as predicted, he tends to raise less with a hand hoping for action and 70c plus AA or KK. All fold to button who flats calls, now he would usually raise with a hand, but like all 3c/6c players defends his button, rightly or wrongly.
By the time it comes to me 90c in the pot 30c to call 3-1, I'm suited and gapped (wide) but unless dominated or versus a big pair probabley only a 60-40dog so I call.
Flop is dreamy, flush draw out but nice, as first to act I dont mess and make a pot size and BB folds, button thinks and goes all-in. Hmmmmm I rule out JJ as he would havbe raised pre, he would have come over top with AA, KK QQ pre as well but then I'm beating those, he could have a 4 which is unlikely more a flush draw either way the flop is too nice to fold. So I call and see I have his 46 dominated ish. I expected 2 high cards and a chop but thats poker.
No he picks a straight draw except the 7 gives me a house and the low card increases my win chance to 25%, I need any 7 or 3 with almost 70% to chop, but the river comes the 3 and he is well pissed, never expected I call him and pop up with a better four than him.
Yay
$202-78

No comments: