Thursday 18 June 2009

Turn Around

Well I was away over the weekend at a Music Festival so no poker until the 16th June 4 days off the green and on green grass in a field.

Looks like my bad beat is over, it started/ended with a great hand.

6 handed 5c/10c $10, people were calling most raises with poor hands, me I couldn't pick up higher than a 10 until I hit AA and made a silly pre-flop bet of 90c and got 2 callers, hmmm.

Flop A 5 9 two diamonds first to act bets the pot, second to act goes all-in (short stake) I call, first then re-raises all-in and I follow. So with this table I'm think AK or AQ and a flush draw?

Flips 55 and AQ hearts and I win a £35 pot woooo whooo, last week a 5 would have come.

Played hard against any one wanting to call my AK or AQs with rags

Stacked one loose player who if he hit the flop would not give up especially top pair any kicker, I loved the way it played out as I was right on the money putting him on a hand and predicting how he would play it out.

We ended heads up me AQ hearts flop was Q47 with 2 spades, I checked it and he pot bet, I thought straight away he has a Q as he had protected from flush draws often, so I flat called, turn blank, I check again, he 1/2 pot bets so I flat called, trying to look as if I'm chasing the flush draw, river is nothing.

Here I was tempted to bet, but I'm thinking if he does feel I've missed the flush and he has a Q he will bet, so I check he bets about 10th of the pot, at this point I have around $6 left I take my time and come up with this, busted flush draws will often go all-in versus weak bet or check hoping to scare you off, I very sure he has a Q and nothing else, so I push, he virtaully insta-calls me with QJ off and I scope a nice pot.

Bank Roll $198-77

No comments: